After braving early morning hours at massive chain department stores on Black Friday, consumers enjoy Read more →
8 Tips for a Seamless Transition Into Fall
Is it too early to wear tall boots? Can I wear a leather skirt yet? Are you experiencing a Closet Conundrum? It’s time to put away the canvas wedges, maxi dresses and white denim to prepare for the official beginning of Fall on September 22 at exactly 10:29 p.m. EDT. It can be a challenge to determine what to wear when the seasons change and temperatures fluctuate on an hourly basis! To help with the challenge, here is our list of 8 tips to help you dress your best for Fall.
8 Tips for a Seamless Transition Into Fall:
· When the temperature is 40 degrees during the morning commute and 70 by 3:00 p. m., layering is the best way to be comfortable AND stylish. Layer with a sleeveless shell top under a blazer or cardigan. Wear a denim jacket on casual Friday accented with a stylish scarf for a pop of color.
· A lightweight trench coat is a staple for every woman’s wardrobe! It’s the perfect transition piece for cooler weather. Look for a mid-length, belted trench for a slim silhouette.
• Open toe booties are ideal for transitional weather, as you can still show off the pedi and keep your ankles warm.
• Jackets should be tailored and professional for the office. No fleece, hoodies or hiking gear to the office, please.
• In mid-October breakout the boots! Although it is tempting, try to wait until the temperature is truly cold to begin wearing those new suede boots.
• The classic wrap dress is versatile and seasonless. It is another “must have” for Fall. Wear with pumps or boots.
• Shop for transitional pantsuits in neutral colors such as gray, taupe, and camel. No more white blazers or tropical prints.
• Be prepared for unpredictable weather and still feel stylish with a pair of Hunter Wellies and a cute umbrella.