After braving early morning hours at massive chain department stores on Black Friday, consumers enjoy Read more →
Trick or Treat: Men’s Closet Edition
Are fashion phantoms causing you fright? Clean out the cobwebs and create a wardrobe that’s sure to delight! Having classic go-to staples makes looking put together easy. Below we’ve put together a list of suggested staples for every man’s closet…no tricks, just treats!
Suggested staples for every man’s closet
- Black or Navy Suit. Alterations to adjust the fit of jackets and pants as needed. Alterations allow for a more tailored and professional appearance.
- Dress Shirts. Five to seven dress shirts in crisp white and blue.
- Neckties. Five to seven neckties including modern and traditional prints.
- Cufflinks. Gold or silver cufflinks add class to any professional outfit.
- Dress Shoes. One pair of black or dark brown, lace-up dress shoes.
- Jeans. One pair of dark denim jeans without holes.
- Loafers. Black or dark brown loafers for business casual and weekends.
- Leather Belt. Black or dark brown leather belt with simple silver or gold buckle.
- Undershirts. Crisp and clean white short sleeve undershirts. Trash the shirts with stains!
- Collar Stays. It’s all about the details for a polished look.
- Pocket Squares. These accessories can add a sophisticated and elegant look for upscale events.
- Khaki Slacks. Two to three pairs of Khaki slacks. Plain-front or pleated based on body type.
- Dress Socks. Five to seven pairs of solid black dress socks will allow your dress outfits to look put together and consistently on point.
- Sport Coat. A black or navy sport coat can add a touch of class to any outfit.
- Tuxedo. Complete tuxedo including jacket, pants, dress shirt and tie/bow-tie.
- Casual Fleece/Jacket. A casual fleece pull-over or zip-up jacket for casual weekends.
- Athletic Shoes. Clean athletic shoes in a neutral color.
- Sweatshirt. Favorite athletic team sweatshirt.
- Athletic Socks. White athletic ankle socks.
- Leather Flip-Flops. A put together casual shoe for warm weather.
- Bathrobe. All white, terry cloth robe.
- Pajama/Loungewear Pants. Light-weight cotton pajama and/or loungewear pants.
- Athletic Pants. Black or navy athletic pants.
- Winter Overcoat. Cashmere is exquisite!
- Casual Winter Coat. Leather or wool.
- Dress Watch. Choose a size that is proportionate to your frame.
- Athletic Watch. Appropriate for the gym and casual weekends.
- Sunglasses. Aviator-style sunglasses are always in style.
- Baseball cap. Not the good luck game cap, a nice, clean baseball cap.
- Leather Attaché, Messenger Bag or Briefcase. Depending on your office culture.
- Leather wallet.